Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna diet aka VRK diet plan is a modified form of Ketogenic diet to suit the likes of Indians.
Mr.Veeramachaneni is an accountant by profession and after struggling with obesity for many years, he finally found a special weight loss diet that helped him lose around 30 kgs in just 3 months of time.
He later tried it on his relatives and friends who also have seen wonders through this healthy eating lifestyle.
And, in an attempt to make everyone in the society as healthy as him, he has decided to spread the message to everyone that there is a healthy diet that cures all your health issues including weight loss, diabetes, pcos, thyroid, blood pressure etc… without any medication.
You know what? He actually succeeded in his attempt with distinction.
Now, you can see lakhs of people are following the VRK diet plan in India and across the world, all thanks to Social media.
How Does Veeramachaneni Diet Plan Work?
Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Diet, as we’ve already mentioned, is a modified version of the widely popular Keto diet, which suggests eating foods with high fat, moderate protein and low carbs.
The same principle applies in the VRK diet as well, but with a more Indianized approach to lose weight much faster.
Do you know that our body survives on carbohydrates for its energy needs?
Yes, our body uses carbs in the form of glucose to provide energy for all its functions.
But, when it is deprived of carbs, it then checks for any stored fats in the body to burn for its energy needs, thereby allowing you to lose weight quickly.
Mr.Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Rao himself lost a lot of weight in addition to reversing type 2 diabetes by following this lifestyle.
Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Diet Plan for Weight Loss
The VRK diet plan is actually divided into 2 types.
- Liquid Diet Plan
- Solid Diet Plan
Everyone can follow the liquid diet plan as long they want and later move to the solid diet plan or directly start with the solid diet.
It is your personal choice. But, if you’re facing heavy weight issues or health issues, it is highly suggested to start with the VRK liquid diet first and then move to the solid part.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the Solid diet plan where you’ll be eating your favorite solid foods with little to no carbs and still lose weight.
VRK Diet Pillars
The pillars for Veeramachaneni diet stays the same whether you’re following the solid/liquid plan.
Here is a quick overview of the 4 pillars you’ll need to adhere to:
- Fat – 70 to 100 gms (Choose any of these – Coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, butter, cheese)
- Lemons – 3
- Water – 4 Liters
- Multivitamin tablets – 2
Veeramachaneni Solid Diet Plan (Sample Menu)
This is a sample VRK meal plan for you to have a better understanding of how to follow the diet properly.
- Morning: 1 Glass of Lukewarm Water with 1 Lemon Juice
- Breakfast: Egg Omelette or Boiled Egg with Vegetables
- Morning Snack: Clear Veg/Non-Veg soup with 20 gms of fat and take 1 multivitamin tablet.
- Lunch: Any Non-veg curry of your choice (chicken/fish/mutton/prawns) along with some allowed vegetables cooked with 20 gms of coconut/olive oil and pepper.
- Evening Snack: Bulletproof coffee with 10 gms of fat
- Dinner: Clear soup with 20 gms of fat and 1 vitamin tablet.
Points to be Remembered
- Make sure you finish off your daily target of 70 gms fat, 4 liters of water, 3 lemons and 1 multivitamin without fail.
- The above chart is a two meal plan where you’ll be eating solid food only 2 times in a day and drinking liquids through the rest of the day.
- In case if you want speed weight loss results, you can simply follow the one meal diet plan by combining the two solid meals into 1. You can have it anytime during the day. The rest of the rules are the same for any type of meal plan.
- Processed salt should only be used for cooking. Just boil the salt in water and then use it in your salads or recipes.
- You can have lemons with water or buttermilk or even soups or recipes, in any way you like it.
Foods Allowed on VRK Diet
Below are the foods that you can eat while on the Veeramachaneni diet program.
- Meat (Chicken/Fish/Mutton/Prawns): 250 gms for women and 300 gms for men
- Eggs: 0 to 6 max
- Dairy: Paneer, Tofu (soya paneer)
- Vegetables: Ladies Finger, Spinach, Cabbage, Pumpkin, Ridge Gourd, Bottle Gourd, Broccoli, Brinjal, Cauliflower, Snake gourd, Bitter Gourd, Chillies, Drumstick, Ivy Gourd
- Veggies in Limits: 1 small tomato, 1 small onion, 1 medium sized carrot
- Spices: Ginger-garlic paste, sea salt, chilly, capsicum, pepper, turmeric and home made masala powder
- Dry Fruits: 10 Almonds, 10 Walnuts, 10 Pistachios
- Seeds: 5 tsp Flax Seeds, 5 tsp Chia seeds, 2 tsp Sunflower seeds
- FATs: Coconut oil, Olive oil, Butter, Ghee, Cheese
If you’re a vegetarian, simply replace meat with Paneer in the same quantities. The rest of the meals are the same.
Foods Not Allowed on VRK Diet
Below are the foods that you should stay away while on the Veeramachaneni diet routine.
- All Fruits – Except Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries
- White rice
- White bread
- Whole wheat
- Sugar & sweeteners
- Refined oil
- All fast foods
- All remaining vegetables
- All Soft drinks or alcoholic beverages
Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna diet plan is undoubtedly the best weight loss diet that also treats other health issues like diabetes, blood pressure, PCOD etc…
Not just us, many people have got benefited from this wonderful VRK diet program.
Have you tried this VRK low carb diet? Please do share your success story with us and we’d love to hear it.